Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Perfect Sportif?

Been on a break.  I had meant to post about this bicycle a while ago.  The bicycle photo seen below I found while reading through Mike Berry's Bike Specicalites blog a few months ago.  With this bicycle Mr. Barry and a friend rode the Raid Pyrenean in 1981, which is a 710 km ride from the Atlantic coast of France to the Mediterranean Sea across 18 cols (mountains/climbs/passes) through the French Pyrenees.

1981 Mariposa "Mountain" Bicycle

This bicycle incorporates some great features including a three arm T.A. crankset, Sanyo bottom bracket mounted dynamo, brazed on centre-pull brakes, pantographed stem and I especially like the custom rear rack.  I have finally obtained a frame for this project and have decided to add some braze-ons to customize it.  I will begin posting my progress again shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment